Saturday, April 17, 2010

Long Live Rock & Roll-Pirate Radio

What a blast! I know I am months behind on catching this flick, but I slid it into the DVR , grabbed the little dog sweater I am knitting, and sat down for a blast from the sixties. The music makes you want to get up and dance, at least if you were grew up in the 60's. Phillip Seymour Hoffman's talent as an outrageous rogue disc jockey had me laughing out loud. Trinket thought I had lost it. I mean, he can do the measured, creepy priest in Doubt, and then go to this guy. All the characters on this ship out in the North Sea are wildly wonderful. They broadcast rock and roll to staid and stuff British Isles in the 60's where all radio was state controlled at that time. Rent it, snag it on pay-per-view, but don't miss it if you need to laugh out loud. Pirate Radio rocks.
Let m know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails