Monday, January 18, 2010

Garden Stuff: Margaret Roach's cool blog

Perusing DMN Thursday's gardening section I found Mariana Greene's article on this fresh, gorgeous Blog by Margaret Roach, a former Martha Stewart minion who left to head to upstate New York and follow her gardening muse self.

I was drawn to her posts on crusty Brit, Ruth Stout, who mulched her garden to 8" heights, piling hay on decomposing vegetable matter without digging. See, I love this method, so it's reassuring to see this method is ok and successful. I HATE digging. I'm off to the feed store for hay. Next, it's a call to Cindy at Jacob's Reward Farm for some of her "alpaca gold" compost and I'm off to make my own lasagna mulch, layer by layer.

Footnote:
It looks like my blog is evolving into topics: fiber stuff, food stuff, garden stuff and a tiny bit of family stuff. I suspect that my popcorn brain likes bouncing around topics so please bear with me and continue to follow.

2 comments:

  1. You need Gold? I got Gold, mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I would love several bags of it to start with. Weds. maybe? I will bring tarps for the back of the Caddie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails