Thursday, December 3, 2009

Nature's Trump Card










I think it could a be Christmas card. I look down outside my porch at this glorious burst of holiday red and green. Mother Nature gives us the Japanese Maples as fall's final gift. My little grandson is learning about Mother Earth. Here is an exchange with his father as the travelled to his little school:
"We were talking this morning on the way to school as usual and Mother Earth came up. I said something like 'And that is why we need to take care of her.' Charley then said he wishes he could give his covers to Mother Earth so she could sleep."

Little people perceive the preciousness of things so simply. It makes my festooning of the tree and house today seem a little superficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails