Saturday, May 1, 2010

Socks: a New Way for Me

I think I have mastered two-at-a-time socks with the Magic Loop method.  Sorry if that sounds like some uber secret knitting code.  It might as well be, as I cannot explain how to do it.  I just figured out a way to make it work for me.  Anyway, the next step into today's knitting geek-dom was to dye my own sock blanks.  Joanne T. buys the wool,  Liz, super geek of everything, knits the blanks up double stranded  on her knitting machine, then I dye my own.    As you can see, I have a ways to go with that technique.  Right now I could be a 70's hippie tie-dyeing t-shirts.  However, I am rather liking how subtle the socks are turning out.  This may mean I never buy commercial sock yarn again.  Well, maybe never, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. The blanks are really surprising when they are knitted. It is hard to predict exactly how they will knit up. I think this one looks great! Anyone should love these socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your socks look wonderful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails