Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tales of a Clapotis

Yes, that's the name of this fabulous shawl pattern designed by Kate Gilbert. This my first of many clapotis-inspired creations. I started it out in Encinitas when egged on by Martie. I fell in love with this colorway of Noro Silk Garden Lite. I wanted to make SURE that it was big enough, long enough and ended up with a monster for me. But today, Numero Uno Clapotis found a new home with Cindy of Jacob's Reward Farm. I hope to get mounds of merino roving in exchange for the shawl. She loves it It looks perfect with her coloring. It's all good.
Now, what color should I do one in that fits me? I never learn.

5 comments:

  1. Kay, this is gorgeous! And love the beautiful mohair locks you posted the other day. You're a busy girl. Come to Encinitas.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' my new shawl, Kay -- thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ole Noro strikes again! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this one! If the next one you make is still too big for you, you can feel free to share it with me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. are you serious, Jen? I've been slinging it around for over a year. Guess you just missed it. You really want one?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails