Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fingerless Fascination


The Wednesday Spinning Girls got me all fired up about fingerless gloves, and I just had to try it. So far I have knit these two plus one more. (More on that one later.)
The purple one is the Knitty.com pattern, Fetching. I chose some Louet Merlin in eggplant that I had in my stash. I refuse to go out and buy any yarn at this point, since almost my whole Etsy store is devoted to destashing my overflowing studio. I washed and dried them two times to "full" them and think they are just about perfect.

The multi-pastel pair is done from some handspun in my stash. I can't remember where I got it. This took more work to get the gauge right. I used Ann Budd's pattern, "Fingerless Mitts", found in Melanie Falick's book, Weekend Knitting. They are sleeker than appears in the photo. Now about, that third pair. It was actually the first pair I knit of these. It matches these but is in a size that will fit my 6-year-old granddaughter. It's that gauge thing.

I know the photos are a little funky, but have you every tried to photo your own hand just holding an SLR camera in the other? Try it and let me know how you do.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes I have photographed my own hand. I've done it for every Etsy photo where I needed a hand model! Not easy.

    Seems like many fiber gals are creating fingerless gloves these days. When I finish my thrummed mitts, I'm going to make a pair. I love your eggplant gloves and will check out that pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails