Thursday, February 18, 2010

Really???


I am going to felt these strange looking shoe-boats today. I am using Melynda of French Press Knits, pattern for these slippers.

I put my little crocheted slippers from Cintia beside them to show how huge they are now.

If they turn out well, I am going to make some more with my natural handspun churro. These are done with pale peachy-pink natural dyed churro double stranded for the tops. I decided to vary from the pattern and use another color for the bottoms: triple stranded with 2 strands of handspun dark grey churro and one stranded of random grey worsted. I think it will be better for not showing dirt.
This is what we are hoping for. Cross your fingers.

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how they turn out, Kay! (Hiding in the bushes and watching.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I love knitted items but really knit badly, that's why I crochet! But I am so interested in seeing how these turn out! How do you know how big to make them so they fit you after felt/shrinking them down??

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pattern is written for sizes: 5-6. 7-8, 9-10, then it's a bit of sizing with the felting. Gonna start that this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look super comfy. If they turn out, can I buy some? Also, did you make the little slippers, too? Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend Cintia made the "little" slippers for me. She has a shop on Etsy where you can order them to custom fit you.

    Not sure I can sell these since it's not my pattern, but thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fascinating to see the process! Can't wait to see how they turn out - they do look like they will be really warm and comfortable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, I love the look of those slippers!!

    Your choice of pink is wonderful for them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails