Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dye Party


Nope. No fancy dresses here. Nothing elegant about dye gear. This is the line up in my utility room: three 4 to 6 quart crock pots, two of which I bought with serious coupons from Kohl's and one handed down from a friend. The rovings are curled up in these wrapped like sausages in plastic wrap.

This is a fuzzy look at the pot. No water goes into it. Just the sausage roll of damp fiber. I let it cook on low for three hours, then rinse in tepid water, carefully squeeze the water out. and then snake it around on my drying racks.

I just got these and love it. The fan at the back blows a gentle breeze over the fiber a much accelerated drying time.

Here is the pay off!
Color freaks just love this!
AND, today I am hoping to pick up a electric roaster oven so I can do obscene amounts of roving at once. It's the little things that turn me on these days.

2 comments:

  1. These look wonderful. Can not wait to see the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stand amazed at how this entire process looks so do-able in those crock pots. How great. Love those pre-felted shoes of the previous post too. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails