Friday, October 9, 2009

Two and Almost Three, my Obsession continues



I admit it, when I find something I like to knit, I never just knit one. When I returned to knitting regularly about 12 years ago, even while I was weaving and teaching weaving, I became obsessive. First it was socks, about eight pair right off the bat, then the whole knitting washcloth/dishrag thing. Don't have numbers high enough for that. (I translated that into first baby afghan for Afghanistan this fall. Old habits dye hard.) Then it was baby hats and sweaters, followed by Sirdar Snowflake baby blankets. Skip to the present, I broke from the whole how-many-shawls/scarves-can-I-knit swirl to launch into the dog sweaters. Evidence of that is seen previously here on this blog. Now I am loving the log cabin pattern to knit these baby Afghans to send to the CURE Hospital in Kabul, Afghanistan. The finished one is second afghan, first log cabin, the WIP (work in Progress) or #3, is pictured still on the needles. I have used up so much stash yarn on these, that I am going to call it a success and not let myself start a third log cabin. I am contemplating doing a smaller one out of my Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, but that after the holidays. Yeah, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails