Thursday, September 24, 2009

Time Out Fun




Since my trip to Encinitas, CA (just up the road from San Diego) this summer, my desire to sketch a bit as been reignited. I think I did a previous post displaying some of my art new toys. Well, since then I have found this unused tin of drawing pencils. Must have bought them way back when I was living in Santa Fe. Read: 15 years ago or so. AND, last Saturday I dragged daughter, Jen, to Michael's so I could splurge on the bonanza set of watercolor pencils. These are very cool. You can either wet the pencils and apply wet to paper. Or you can do you drawing in dry pencils and then get out the watercolor brush and use a damp brush over your work. That's what I did here. Perspective sort of goes out the window for me. So allow me that license. This is the best time to capture Trinket. She naps alot.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great picture of Trinket, you should be very proud of your work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails