Thursday, June 23, 2011

What's not to love?

 Each morning Trinket and I stroll along Beach Drive on our walk.  We are watching all the preparations for a full summer:  docks are being put in, flower boxes filled, porches scrubbed and styled with gobs of wicker.

 Later on Wednesdays and Saturdays, I ride my bike into the Harbor Springs Farmers Market.  This time I snagged these gorgeous lupine and peonies for a bouquet in the condo, along with fresh eggs, lettuces, broccoli and gourmet vanilla extract.  I think the base for it is vodka!    The vender grows the beans and then ages the vanilla.

After a little fresh salad dinner, I sometimes find myself on Pat's porch with a lovely glass of syrah and little bits of brownies made from Barefoot Contessa recipe.  Chocolate and red wine.  What's not to love? Bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails