Saturday, March 20, 2010

New Pattern Launch for Joanne T.


Yes! Joanne T. of TerrificCreations.etsy.com has created this Trinket Scarf and Shawl pattern. It has ruffles and a super soft drape thanks to the dropped stitch element. Details are here on Ravelry.


I have knit two scarves, so far, as test pieces, and now am ready to do a shawl with the handspun. The teal greens one is a Paton sock yarn. The yellow one was knit from natural dyed (marigolds) merino from Cerro Mojino Ranch. Two mismatched rovings from Taos Sunflower (see last post for this fingering weight yarn) should make a whisper weight shawl for cool summer evenings.

It is a blast to knit. Dropping the stitch and watching the ladder slip down the piece is almost a fiendish delight since it is on purpose. I think a finished shawl or scarf may just show up in Cordova Studios. I mean, how many shawls can a girl wear???

2 comments:

  1. I love the blue shawl! I'm working on some shawls right now but nothing quite this nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'm going to have to have this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails