Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Toys

I have danced around art supplies and painting and sketching for years. While out here in Encinitas I have been re-inspired by Liz, Martie's friend, who sketches and paints in her journal with precious results. I love to journal and have recently renewed that practice. Liz shared some of her inspiration from Jane Lefazio who has a great blog of her work and workshops. I couldn't get to Rhino Art supplies fast enough here in Encinitas to buy some new toys. Jane L. lists her favorite materials in Danny Gregory's book, An Illustrated Life: Drawing Inspiration from the Private Sketchbooks of Artists, Illustrators and Designers. Sooooo, now I have my practice sketch book, my for-real-with-watercolor-paper sketchbook, water-soluble crayons (very exciting), selection of art pens, good sketching pencil and a kneadable eraser. I am promising myself to sketch something this afternoon right after lunch at the Fish Market, assuming I am not in a food coma on my blowup mattress in the library. (more on that in a later post).
Oh, and not to worry, I have also ordered 4 varieties of Moleskine notebooks from Amazon. I am officially
committed.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kay,

    This is Kirby. Thanks for following my sight. I can't wait to see your sketches. Oooh Neocolor crayons that looks very intersting. Please post some pics using those.

    ~Kirby:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails