Saturday, October 23, 2010

Dye Day Zone: color and books

Part of what I like about dyeing here in my makeshift dye studio in the second half of my garage is setting up my IPhone speaker deck.
I listen to audible books.  Right now I am loving the readers at Audible Books.  I am a big fan of Phillipa Gregory's historical novels.  I have read about five.  Most noted by her is The Other Boleyn Girl.  Yesterday I finished The Red Queen, about Lady Margaret, the mother of Henry VII.  Bianca Amado made it come alive with her reading.  Of course, you can get the book at Amazon.  I read the first four.

I was so into the book that I only took one photo.  Even then I didn't remember to take pic before I sealed sock blank in plastic wrap.   I am excited to do black on socks for first time.


Now I am reading/listening to Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay.  It's been recommended my numerous friends.  So far, it holds my attention.




Back to the dyeing:  First off I dyed some larger eight ounce BFL superwash rovings.  Here is my version of Cornflowers on the drying rack this morning.

1 comment:

  1. Love the sock blank and the roving! Great job.
    Have you started the socks yet?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails